This one-day course is geared toward healthcare facility maintenance personnel, restoration contractors, and environmental remediation professionals who will be addressing and responding to water damage and suspect mold in healthcare facilities.
The training combines pre-construction risk assessment procedures with appropriate operation and maintenance procedures regarding water intrusion, mold identification, response, documentation and communications.
The course addresses:
- Appropriate operation and maintenance procedures regarding water intrusion, mold identification, response, documentation and communications.
- Review of the inspection procedures regarding suspect fungal growth.
- Review of current assessment and remediation guidance documents, in adherence to the industry standard of care.
- The Infection Control Risk Assessments (ICRA) process.
- Step-by step procedures for conducting Small Level mold remediation projects, enabling in-house personnel to perform small level remediation projects onsite.
- Industry protocols and procedures for conducting medium and large level remediation projects.
- A comprehensive review of regulations, codes and industry standards pertaining to mold growth in healthcare facilities.
- Hands-on training regarding proper techniques for inspection and remediation projects, including engineering controls, work practices, personal protection equipment (PPE), remediation procedures, and cleanup methods.
Successful examinees will receive a “Certificate of Achievement,” certifying that they have completed Mold Assessment & Remediation in Healthcare Training, in accordance with the industry standard of care.
WHO CAN BENEFIT
Mold Remediation Contractors
Water Damage Restoration Contractors
Healthcare Facility Maintenance & Personnel
Background and health effects
Relevant federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
Personal protective equipment
Workplace safety hazards
Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA)
Knowledge of building science
Mold assessment and investigation procedures
Proper containment construction
Step-by-step mold remediation procedures
Gross and fine cleaning procedures
Industry work practices and standards
Post-remediation verification practices